Monday, September 28, 2009

The words are dancing off-beat.

Stage fright.
A few shakes evolve into a tremble. Nervousness becomes visible.
Fear of judgment multiplies and seems indivisible.
Far from tranquil.
Heart beats beginning to speak a language that’s inexplicable.
I want to get rid of you.

Fight or flight responses warranted.
Flight chosen.
The heart beats have won.
The shakes are dancing in victory.
No shoe laces in my Chucks but my tongue is tied.
Throat is choking white flags.

Feel my feet crumbling on the ground like the separation of cookie from hand.
I don’t understand. This was never the plan. Still ran.
Got damn.

Next time, my head and my heart will have a meeting.
One of them forgot the words on the page.
The other remembered that I was human.
Lost between a memory, blue horizontal lines, and hesitation.
Frightfully forgetting scripted scribbling detailing dead consciousness.

I want to die, alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here!